This delicious, vegan recipe has a broad spectrum of nutrients, including antioxidants, calcium, and potassium.
It’s an easy way to give your digestion a break and maintain your optimal weight while feeling totally satisfied and healthy.
- 1 container of Organic No Chicken Broth (or another vegan broth)
- 4 c of water
- 1 c of chopped carrots
- 1 c of chopped celery
- 1 c of chopped onion (approx. ½ an onion)
- ½ tsp of black pepper
- ½ tsp of sea salt
- 1½ tsp of thyme
- 1½ c of peas (fresh or frozen
- 1 c of chopped potatoes (approx 1 Russet or 3 Baby Reds/Yukons)
- 1 c of chopped broccoli (fresh or frozen; if using frozen broccoli thaw in a bowl of warm water before chopping)
- 1 tbsp of safflower oil (you can also use 2 tsp of safflower oil with 2 tsp of olive/flaxseed oil instead)
- Optional: 1 cup of marinara sauce
- In a large soup pot, over medium heat, add the broth and water. Be sure to cover the pot with a lid.
- Chop and add each ingredient one at a time for proper cooking time. After adding the carrots, celery, and onion (covering the lid between prepping and adding each) measure and stir in seasonings and cover again for 5-10 minutes. Take a few minutes to tidy up. Tip: Kitchen tools such as the Genius Dicer can reduce chopping time. Be sure to wet blades beforehand for easy use.
- Measure and set aside corn and peas in a medium sized bowl.
- Chop potatoes and broccoli and add to medium sized bowl. Empty bowl into soup pot.
- Cover and cook for 5-10 minutes depending on your preference with how soft the veggies are.
- Stir in safflower oil and serve.
NOTE: For best results and vitality use as many organic ingredients as possible.