This delicious, vegan recipe has a broad spectrum of nutrients, including antioxidants, calcium, and potassium.
It’s an easy way to give your digestion a break and maintain your optimal weight while feeling totally satisfied and healthy.
Healthy, Homemade Vegetable Soup Recipe
Author: Rachel Avalon
- 1 container of Organic No Chicken Broth (or another vegan broth)
- 4 c of water
- 1 c of chopped carrots
- 1 c of chopped celery
- 1 c of chopped onion (approx. ½ an onion)
- ½ tsp of black pepper
- ½ tsp of sea salt
- 1½ tsp of thyme
- 1½ c of peas (fresh or frozen
- 1 c of chopped potatoes (approx 1 Russet or 3 Baby Reds/Yukons)
- 1 c of chopped broccoli (fresh or frozen; if using frozen broccoli thaw in a bowl of warm water before chopping)
- 1 tbsp of safflower oil (you can also use 2 tsp of safflower oil with 2 tsp of olive/flaxseed oil instead)
- Optional: 1 cup of marinara sauce
- In a large soup pot, over medium heat, add the broth and water. Be sure to cover the pot with a lid.
- Chop and add each ingredient one at a time for proper cooking time. After adding the carrots, celery, and onion (covering the lid between prepping and adding each) measure and stir in seasonings and cover again for 5-10 minutes. Take a few minutes to tidy up. Tip: Kitchen tools such as the Genius Dicer can reduce chopping time. Be sure to wet blades beforehand for easy use.
- Measure and set aside corn and peas in a medium sized bowl.
- Chop potatoes and broccoli and add to medium sized bowl. Empty bowl into soup pot.
- Cover and cook for 5-10 minutes depending on your preference with how soft the veggies are.
- Stir in safflower oil and serve.
NOTE: For best results and vitality use as many organic ingredients as possible.
For more recipes, health tips, and inspiration visit Holistic Living With Rachel Avalon on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram and sign up for my monthly newsletter.
Leave a Reply