OXFAM has launched a report showing that the richest 1% of the population owns the same wealth as the other 99%. What could be done to build a fairer world in such a social inequality? Beyond Profit brings stories about Brazilian, Indian and Mexican entrepreneurs that figured out an alternative to this scenario: build a new, fairer and more human capitalism. Owner of companies with social impact, these administrators believe that having a profitable business while fighting poverty around the globe is possible. This is the official description on IMDB.com Image source: Netflix.com
Image Source of movie poster: IMDB.com
Interviews and cast include:
- Henry Grazinoli – Director
- Priscila Martoni – Executive Producer
- Anderson Capuano – Cinematographer
- Jose Ignacio Avalos
- Claudio Sassaki
- Muhammad Yunus
- Antonio Ermírio de Moraes Neto
Movie Reviews of A New Capitalism Documentary
Review by Rachel Avalon
The documentary, A New Capitalism, asks the critical question, what if people weren’t forced to choose between making money and making a better world? With a focus on conscious capitalism and visionary entrepreneurialism, overcoming poverty and creating sustainability is addressed by the wide range of heart-centered humans featured in this film. From India to Mexico and Brazil, complex challenges (like early blindness among Indians living in poverty) are addressed head-on with surprisingly attainable and effective solutions. A New Capitalism may not be the most riveting documentary, in part because it covers a lot of different stories and interviews in a relatively short period of time, but it’s certainly a conversation starter. Hopefully, it will also inspire more people to move away from toxic capitalism and towards social and economic justice.
Watch the movie trailer here.
My mission: As a Holistic Health Coach & Eco Expert, I’m dedicated to leading you straight to the core of what it takes to enjoy a new level of vitality, desired weight loss, sustainability, and detoxification. Enjoy my transformative programs and experience true health with true purpose!
Explore the best list of documentaries on wellness, mindfulness, sustainability, and creating a better world here on RachelAvalon.com