So often people assume that in order to eat healthily they need to dedicate endless hours to meal preparation, but this is so untrue!
Here’s one of my favorite, super-quick, delicious recipes for making vegan tacos. It wins over picky eaters and meat-eaters all the time.
- Required Ingredients:
- Taco Shells
- 1 can of Whole Foods 365 Brand of vegetarian chilli (mild or spicy)
- Fresh lettuce. Any type will do whether it's mixed greens or iceburg. My favorite is Romaine.
- 1 avocado for every 2-3 people (best when in season)
- 1 jar of Whole Foods salsa (mild, medium, or spicy)
- Optional Ingredients:
- 1 veggie burger by Amy's Organics. Any flavor will do. Found in the frozen section.
- 1 can of beans like black or kidney beans.
- Fresh, diced tomatoes
- Nondairy sour cream
- vegan cheese, such as Daiya
- Place 1 can of chilli in a medium pot and heat on low, stirring often. *
- Chop ½-1 cup of lettuce.
- Dice 1 avocado.
- Heat taco shells (avoid microwave if possible, I like to do it over the stove)
- Spoon chili into shells
- Top with lettuce, avocado, salsa (and optional ingredients)
- If you want to make the chili more hearty add in the following steps:
- Place a skillet on med heat.
- Add a tbsp or less of safflower oil.
- Add 1 veggie burger for each person.
- Heat the veggie burger and break it apart with a fork or spatula until it is golden brown (and looks similar to ground beef).
- Add to the pot of chili and stir well.
NOTE: For best results and vitality use as many organic ingredients as possible.