This docuseries [Rotten, Season 2] travels deep into the heart of the food supply chain to reveal unsavory truths and expose hidden forces that shape what we eat. -This is the official documentary series description from Netflix.com, along with the episodes and image source.
Episodes of Rotten: Season 2 on Netflix:
- The Avocado War -the avocado’s rise from culinary fad to must-have superfood has made it a lucrative crop — and a magnet for money-hungry cartels.
- Reign of Terror -in the south of France, frustrated winegrowers go to extremes to stave off cheap imports from Spain and new competition from China.
- Troubled Water -the explosive growth of the bottled water industry has driven corporations to dip into public water supplies and left vulnerable citizens thirsty.
- A Sweet Deal -Exploited workers, altered ecosystems, political power plays: Behind the scenes, Big Sugar is anything but refined.
- Bitter Chocolate -For much of the world, chocolate is pure pleasure. But the long journey from bean to bar is packed with misery. Can an upstart company turn the tide?
- High on Edibles– New marijuana laws have sparked a surge in edible goodies, but this fast-changing foolscap comes with risks for consumers.
Reviews of the Docuseries, Rotten: Season 2
“Returning for a second season, Netflix’s culturally relevant and eye-opening documentary series Rotten showcases 6 more episodes designed to expose shady business practices and some of the shocking corruption surrounding a lot of our food products today.” -TheReviewGeek.com
Review by Rachel Avalon Like the first season, Netflix’s docuseries, Rotten: Season 2, illustrates the often devastating and shocking impact of a global food system contaminated by greed and merciless competition. In my view, as both a health coach and sustainability expert, it reinforces the urgency of supporting ethical food policies and supply chains that prioritize food and beverages sourced from locally grown, organic farmers. Rotten is a clear reminder that Americans can reshape the industrialized food system and our collective wellbeing by what we choose to eat and drink and the legislation we advocate and vote for.”
Watch the docuseries trailer here.
My mission: As a Holistic Health Coach & Eco Expert, I’m dedicated to leading you straight to the core of what it takes to enjoy a new level of vitality, desired weight loss, sustainability, and detoxification. Enjoy my transformative programs and experience true health with true purpose!