In a world where huge global supply-chains are increasingly intertwined and consolidated, this series [Rotten] starts on your dinner plate… and follows the money to the shocking consequences–intended or not–of regulation, innovation and greed. -This is the official description on Rottentomatoes.com Image Source: Netflix.com
Episodes of Rotten Docuseries on Netflix:
- Lawyers, Guns, & Honey -explores the increasing demand of honey, bees dying in alarming rates, and the corruption within the global market that led to the largest food fraud investigation, called “Honeygate.”
- The Peanut Problem -takes a look at how food allergies have dramatically risen since the 1990’s and how scientists are working to understand what’s going on within our bodies. It also investigates the unique challenges that farmers and restaurants are needing to face as a result of these prevalent and often life-threatening food allergies.
- Garlic Breath -behind the scenes of this multi-billion dollar crop, lies unsettling questions about top suppliers and a full-scale drama between the U.S. and China.
- Big Bird -explores how chicken production has become mercilessly competitive for growers as well as the surprising consequences.
- Milk Money. -explores the plummeting demand for dairy and how dairy farmers are attempting to adapt, sometimes in controversial ways.
- Cod is Dead. -this episode of Rotten takes a look at how New England is affected by global overfishing and the industry corruption and need for better regulations.
Reviews of the Docusersies, Rotten: Season 1
“Like the best documentary efforts, it puts forth these stories with the idea that a more informed audience is a healthier one.” IndieWire, Steve Greene
“Rotten has its structural flaws as entertainment, but it’s hard to imagine any viewer not being compelled to check grocery labels more carefully in the future.” -The Atlantic, Sophie Gilbert
Review by Rachel Avalon “Netflix’s docuseries, Rotten (Season 1) shows the devastating consequences of a global food system tainted by toxic capitalism and greedy power players. In my view, as both a health coach and sustainability expert, it reinforces the extreme importance of supporting food policies, restaurants, and a natural diet that prioritizes organic, plant-based, and locally grown food. Rotten is a clear reminder that Americans can reshape the industrialized food system and our collective wellbeing by what we choose to eat and the legislation we advocate and vote for.”
Watch the docuseries trailer here.
My mission: As a Holistic Health Coach & Eco Expert, I’m dedicated to leading you straight to the core of what it takes to enjoy a new level of vitality, desired weight loss, sustainability, and detoxification. Enjoy my transformative programs and experience true health with true purpose!