Hot cocoa is a beloved winter tradition, but why bog yourself down with loads of sugar and dairy?
My super-easy vegan hot chocolate will help you feel healthy and happy while impressing even the skeptics and connoisseurs.
It’s also a fun homemade gift to share and it’s perfect for serving at holiday parties or while eco gift wrapping.
- 4 cups of water
- ½ cup of raw cashews (1 cup if you want it creamier)
- 3 pitted dates (4 dates if you want it sweeter)
- 2 heaping tablespoons of organic, fair-trade cocoa like Equal Exchange Chocolates
- Add all of these ingredients in a blender and blend on high until creamy
- Taste and add more ingredients if you like
- Strain over a simmering pot using a wire mesh
- Heat and enjoy
This is enough to fill a mason jar and give as a gift while still leaving some for another serving. In other words, you can make it as a present and still enjoy some for yourself. For a party, blend 3-4 batches.
Bonus: Add 2 drops of peppermint essential oil to a large batch.
Tastes best served with vegan whipped cream (in a can or homemade with coconut milk) and a dash of cinnamon or coriander.